Real estate video tips plays an important role to tell a story and reach your audience. But if you want to know how to attract more customers, you should understand more about the real estate market.
Just how important is video?
- 96% of consumers find videos helpful when making purchase decisions online
- 52% of consumers say that watching videos makes them more confident in purchase decisions. (Invodo)
- 76% of marketers plan to add video to their sites, making it a higher priority than Facebook, Twitter and blog integration. (Social Media Examiner)
As someone who has looked for real estate property online, I’ve noticed a trend of things that need improving. Here are just a few real estate video tips of them and how to fix them.
How to best use real estate videos
- A “Video Tour” is not the same thing as a picture slideshow. People are web savvy enough to know the difference so anytime you have “video tour” or “HD tour”, people automatically think that they will be watching a video.
- If you do use video, make sure that you use a tripod. No one likes looking at super shaky videos. It lowers the perceived value of the property and can damage your chances of properly marketing it.
- Practice, practice, practice. You might currently be comfortable creating real estate video tours, but you will.
- Start the video with you being on camera introducing yourself. This will go a long way to building name and face recognition. You’ll also become the go-to person as you use video to build your platform and increase your visibility.
- Turn on the ceilings fans on low. This gives some movement in the room.
- Use a wide angle lens to be able to capture the space of the rooms in the house.
- Don’t pan or zoom too much. Slowly pan the camera to reveal the space and try not to use the zoom at all.
- Make sure you have plenty of light in the rooms. Open the curtains and let the sunlight flood into the house.
- Make your videos less than 4 minutes. Studies have shown that the shorter the video is, the more it will be watched. Our attention spans are only getting shorter these days.
Seo real estate video tips
- Use the street address in the title of the video (this helps you SEO).
- Add your contact information in the first part of the description.
- Add the video to Youtube. Since Google owns Youtube, you now have the #1 and #2 largest search engines in the world at your fingertips.
- Add your phone number right on the video so a potential buyer can pick up their phone and call you.
- Put text on the video and includes how many rooms and other important information that you want the viewer to remember
- Make hyper-local videos. Create a short community based video that highlights the benefits of living in the city or town. Highlight the history, amenities, and reasons why someone would want to live there.
If you need consulting on how to take your real estate videos to the next level, please contact us below to set up a free consultation. Or, let us know how we can create a video package for you and your properties.